Interested in starting a food blogging channel of your own? Excellent food photography is one of the biggest assets of any food blogger out there. While you do not have to be a professional photographer, taking mouth-watering images of food is something that might require a little practice & lots of patience.
If you wish to start a food blog of yourself, then here are some amazing food photography tips that will help you in becoming an excellent food blogger:
- Practice a Lot: This is something most of you would not like to hear when it comes to ensuring a good photographic session. This is because it will take a lot of time, effort, and hard work to practice photography professionally. However, this also turns out to be one sure-shot way of honing your photography skills on your given profile, style, craft, and techniques. You can also utilize the practice time for experimenting, playing around with colors, lighting, food styling, backgrounds, and all such related aspects of food photography that can make your practicing a fun-filled experience.
- Choose the Right Equipment: As far as excellent food photography is concerned, choosing the right equipment is of utmost importance. However, it is also important to note that you should not be over-ambitious and buy several expensive high-tech equipments. You must be mindful with respect to what pieces of equipment will serve the most productive for your food blogging business. Some of the must-have accessories towards ensuring a perfect food photography session as a food blogger include:
- Decent camera
- High-quality lenses
- Memory card
- Hard drives
- Batteries for staying charged up all the time
- Editing software
- Make Sure of Perfect Lighting: Towards delivering excellent food photography, you must make sure of the best lighting out there. For most of the professional food photographers out there, they make use of natural lighting partially as it helps in yielding the most ecstatic food images. Moreover, it also helps in saving a lot of fuss in installing artificial lighting.
As per the professional photographers, take out a day for just playing around with your camera and trying out different lighting set-ups. Take out the food bowl and shoot images during different times of the day & at different angles. You should make note of the particular time of the day that produces the highest quality shots.
- Make Use of Proper Props: As a food blogger, you must realize the importance of proper props towards enhancing the overall photography. Try experimenting with different types of food props including utensils, backdrops, plates, bowls, cutting boards, and others. You can make use of the props that fit your unique food photography style. The more you are able to find your personal food blogging & photographing style, the more your viewers are going to enjoy your photographs & food blog.
Make sure that you follow the pro tips of perfect food photography towards becoming an excellent food blogger.
Written by Adrian Harrison Photography.READ MORE